Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Twitter analytics




Twitter just offered me an analysis of my followers. I've checked out a number of data visualization apps for Twitter in the past, and those took much longer to process the data. As this is form Twitter, it already has the data and gave very fast results. I found it interesting that the majority of my followers are male, 69% in fact. I'm not certain if that's a reflection of general gender representation on Twitter or of the fields of interests connected to my account.

I got this :

38% Marketing

38% Entrepreneurship

30% Leadership

30% Startups

18% SEO


Top interests?


47% Tech news

47% Technology

47% Politics and current events

41% Business and news

41%Business news and general info

38% Marketing

38% Entrepreneurship

32%Business and finance

30% Leadership

30% Startups


I'm not surprised as my top city is NY at 12%.


Of course, Twitter is offering this as a way to interest me in Twitter ads, but there are no strings attached in checking out the stats. Another service you can use for Twitter information Quillconnect.narrativescienceIts particular spin on data reporting is storifying your account and letting you know how your posts compare with those of your connections on average. It also offers some advice to gain engagement, though I chose to ignroe it, as I am not going to go out of my way to tweet about television. I think it actually mistakes the tweets about biased media reports to be tweets about television, as I don't really discuss programming otherwise.
Related postshttp://writewaypro.blogspot.com/2015/02/ignore-this-piece-of-advice.html

Twitter Analytics Puts Cards on the Table

No comments: